The Rock Chapel was built in 1891 by monks, and was originally part of a
larger monastery.  Unfortunately, fire ravished the monastery, leaving only
the small chapel in its wake.  There are six graves, three on one side and
three on the other, on site that belong to the monks that helped to build the
Chapel.  With the death of the monks that helped build the church, the small
chapel fell into disrepair until 1959 when the chapel underwent restoration
thanks to the Carmel-Rambin Churches.  Restoration was completed in
1961 where the Chapel still stands in its current state

Information courtesy of Gage and discoverdesoto.com